The first step in creating a successful vacuum bagging system is to create a vacuum. Fabricators have two options: a vacuum pump, or a vacuum generator that is used in conjunction with an air source. For best results, it's recommended that your vacuum pump or generator be matched closely to your project by several factors:
- Basic size of pump and part
- Rate of air displacement in cubic feet per minute, or CFM
- Ultimate pressure, measured in inches of mercury, or "Hg"
Click on a product image below to get more information and view pricing.
0.03 HP Combination Pressure/Vacuum PumpLight, Portable, EconomicalThis oil free vacuum pump is perfect for basic vacuum bagging applications. It is quiet, compact and portable! While...
0.28 HP Rotary Vane Vacuum PumpMedium Duty, Low MaintenanceThis oil free rotary vane vacuum pump is ideal for applications in small shops and universities where part sizes and...
Commercial 1.2 HP Rotary Vane Vacuum PumpHeavy Duty, Long LifeAt twice the horsepower and triple the CFM of our Industrial Vacuum Pump, this 100% oil free rotary vane vacuum pump...
Vacuum GeneratorEasily Converts Your Air Compressor into a VaccumWhen you're ready for vacuum bagging, but don't have a vacuum pump, this generator provides a low-cost option. Just...
High Efficiency Vacuum GeneratorCreate Vacuum from a Minimized Air SourceDon't limit your fabricating options because your resources are limited. The High Efficiency Vacuum Generator allows...
Vacuum Bagging Starter KitAll You Need is an Air Source!Vacuum bagging is a great method for building a better composite part—let Fibre Glast help you get started....
Vacuum pumps are typically rated by four factors: the horsepower (hp) of the motor; the type of pumping mechanism (rotary vane, diaphragm, piston, etc.); the volume of air displaced in CFM, and the maximum attainable vacuum pressure in inches of mercury (Hg).
Vacuum generators connect to an air source (typically an air compressor) and are rated by CFM and maximum attainable vacuum pressure.
At FibreGlast.com, we carry two different types of pumps:
- Our #2228-A Industrial 0.56 HP pump is a rotary vane pump. A rotary vane pump is a positive-displacement pump that consists of vanes rotating with a cavity, dividing the working chamber and sealing at the chamber wall. As the rotor turns, gas flows into one side of the chamber until it is sealed by the second vain. The enclosed gas is compressed until the outlet valve opens o the other side.
- A diaphragm pump is a positive displacement pump that uses a combination of the reciprocating action of a flexible diaphragm and suitable valves either side of the diaphragm to pump a fluid, like air.
All vacuum pumps and generators will require hose assemblies for connection to the vacuum bag. Fibre Glast offers vacuum tubing, hose assemblies, and a complete selection of fittings, gauges, connectors, and more--all the supplies needed for a successful vacuum bagging project. All are designed to work interchangeably with one another for your convenience.
You can place your order on our website or, if you have any questions, call 1.800.838.8984 | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST Mon-Fri.